Electric Skateboard Longboard Build
Lightweight, Reliable and Easy To Commute
The best lightweight electric skateboard used as a transportation vehicle for the daily commute would be the "Lightweight Commuter". This could be the type of electric skateboard that you are looking for.
You want a very lightweight electric skateboard (the lightest electric skateboard that you can make) it's ideal to use longboard decks that are 30" to 36" in length. Depending on your rider weight, you want to choose a decent # of ply sheets on the board (plywood sheets). The typical flex boards are 4 to 5 ply. The typical downhill sturdy boards are 7 to 9 ply. The sturdy/hard boards 7ply+ don't flex and are meant for more downhill speeds.
I personally recommend a kicktail longboard from 30" to 36" for the daily commute. Then add a pair of our Single Motor Electric Skateboard Kit which also includes a set of (4) 83mm Flywheels and the entire drive train system, Single Motor 1500 watts, 6s battery, battery charger and an Electronics Enclosure to secure all your high quality components.
This build is an ideal lightweight build that will cost the least as well as provide a decent board for climbing hills. Our kit is the most affordable kit available as well as the most durable.
Build Components - What You Need
Lightweight Commuter Specs
- Longboard Deck that is 30" to 38" decks.
- Single Motor Mechanical Kit
- Single Motor 2200 Watt Electrical Kit
- Plexiglass Electronics Enclosure
- Battery - (2) 3S 5000mah
- Battery Charger
Lightweight Commuter Tips
- Power - 2.2KW
- Speed - 20-25mph
- Hill Climbing - 15-20% Hills
- Acceleration - Good
- Weight - 10-12 lbs
- Range - 6 to 8 miles
- Charge time - 45 mins to 1 hour
- Use (2) 3s 8000mah batteries for added distance. However, adding additional weight to the board itself.
- Carry spare sets of (2) 3s 5000mah/8000mah for added distance.
- Upgrade to 8S battery and increase your voltage for added power and acceleration.
- Use your kicktail to move in traffic. Place your motor on the rear side of the board.