Last Updated: September 16 2016
This tutorial is how to upgrade the VESC firmware. You can purchase your VESC Electronic Speed Controller
from our website.
The VESC is currently the following:
- Hardware v4.12
- Firmware v2.18
You can use the VESC with a Linux, Windows or OSX operating system. If needed, you can always run a Linux Ubuntu virtual box on your Windows or OSX computer. Always use a USB 2.0 USB port.
Step 1 - Download the latest BLDC Tool.
Step 2 - Upgrade Firmware
- VESC Upgrade Firmware
- Click on the Firmware tab.
- Click on Choose
- Click on Firmwares
- The firmware will be located in the BLDC installation folder. You'll have to navigate to the installation folder.
- For windows - C:/Program Files (x86)/BLDC Tool/Drivers/firmwares/
- Click on hw_410_411_412
- Select VESC_default.bin
- Click on Upload
- You'll see the percentage% increase to 100.
- The VESC will reboot once the VESC flashes 3 red lights. You'll want to re-connect.
- You have successfully re-flashed with the latest firmware.
Things To Remember
- Make sure you are uploading the correct software firmware to the correct hardware firmware. They should be compatible.
- You can easily break the VESC by uploading and using the incorrect firmware.
Any questions, please leave a comment. We'll try our best to answer them immediately.